Chris Froome of Britain wins 102nd Tour de France
Cyclist Chris Froome from Britain of Team Sky has won the 102nd edition Tour de France, an annual three-week multiple stage bicycle race at Champs Elysees in Paris.
This is second time Froome has won Tour de France title and for the first time he had won it 2013.With this victory, he became the first cyclist from Britain to win the Tour de France for the second time.
It should be noted that the Team Sky has won the race for the 3rd time in last four Tour de France seasons i.e. in 2012, 2013 and 2015.
Top 5 Winners of Tour de France 2015:
- 1st- Chris Froome (Britain) of Team Sky.
- 2nd- Nairo Quintana (Colombia) of Movistar Team.
- 3rd- Alejandro Valverde (Spain) of Movistar Team.
- 4th- Vincenzo Nibali (Kazakhstan) of Astana Pro Team.
- 5th- Alberto Contador (Spain) of Tinkoff-Saxo Team.
About Tour de France
- Tour de France is an annual multiple stage bicycle race primarily held in France. It was first organized in 1903 and currently run by the Amaury Sport Organisation.
- The prestigious cycle race is 3 week-long, traditionally held every year in the month of July and covers around 3,500 kms.
- Each year the route of race changes but the format remains same with the appearance of time trials. The race route passes through the mountain chains of Pyrenees, Alps and finish on the Champs-Élysées in Paris.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2015