Centre extends support to States to setup Grain Testing Laboratories
The Accelerated Pulse Production Programme (A3P) commences in the Kutch district in Gujarat
- Programme is under the National Food Security Scheme
- In first phase of the scheme, 3000 hectares of land will be cultivated for pulses production
- Under this scheme, a series of Training Programmes for the farmers have also been organized
- To present plant nutrient and plant protection centric improved technologies and management practices in compact blocks covering large area for 5 key pulse crops for increasing production and productivity of these crops:
- Arhar (red gram/pigeon pea)
- Masoor (lentils)
- Moong (green gram )
- Urad (black gram)
- Raising the production and productivity of pulse crops by the participating farmers
- Encourage other farmers in the abutting areas to adopt these technologies.
This is for the first time the farmers of this arid region have been promoted for pulses farming.
Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) recently announced that it provided...
World Agri-Tourism Day
Every year the World Agri-Tourism Day is celebrated on May 16. This year, on the fourteenth World Ag...
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi: Eighth Instalment released
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently released the eighth instalment of Prime Minister Kisan Samman ...
Area of summer crops expands by 21.58% from last year
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare recently announced that the area of summer crops has ...
Telangana Govt bans Glyphosate
The Telangana Government recently imposed a total ban on Glyphosate. ContentsAbout GlyphosateWhy do ...
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2012
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|