Centre extends support to States to setup Grain Testing Laboratories
The Accelerated Pulse Production Programme (A3P) commences in the Kutch district in Gujarat
- Programme is under the National Food Security Scheme
- In first phase of the scheme, 3000 hectares of land will be cultivated for pulses production
- Under this scheme, a series of Training Programmes for the farmers have also been organized
- To present plant nutrient and plant protection centric improved technologies and management practices in compact blocks covering large area for 5 key pulse crops for increasing production and productivity of these crops:
- Arhar (red gram/pigeon pea)
- Masoor (lentils)
- Moong (green gram )
- Urad (black gram)
- Raising the production and productivity of pulse crops by the participating farmers
- Encourage other farmers in the abutting areas to adopt these technologies.
This is for the first time the farmers of this arid region have been promoted for pulses farming.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2012
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs