CCEA approves creation of Intra State Transmission System in 7 States
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the creation of an Intra-state Transmission System (ISTS) in 7 states across the country.
7 States are: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh.
Key facts about Intra-state Transmission System
- Under the project, the activities envisaged includes establishment of 48 new Grid sub-stations of different voltage levels. It will have total transformation capacity around 17,100 Mega Volt Ampere (MVA).
- It will also include installing over 7,800 Circuit Kilometres (ckt-kms) of transmission lines in these seven states. The project is proposed to be completed within a period of 3 to 5 years.
- Tapping renewable energy potential: These 7 states are having rich renewable resource potential with numerous large planned renewable power projects.
- Creation of this system will facilitate evacuation of renewable power from generation stations to load centres.
- Funding: It will be created at an estimated cost of 8548 crore rupees. Of this total amount National Clean Energy Fund (NCEF) will contribute 3,419 crore rupees i.e. 40 per cent for this project.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2015