Atal Innovation Mission Partners with Freshworks to empower AIM Startup Innovators
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has partnered with Freshworks Inc. which is a customer-engagement software company to provide robust support to innovators and entrepreneurs in India.
- It aims to increase the efficacy of the institutions and startups under the AIM portfolio.
- It further targets to foster innovation and entrepreneurship among startup innovators.
- Freshworks Inc. will provide credits for its products to AIM and its beneficiaries. This step will empower startups to function efficiently.
About Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- It is a flagship initiative started by NITI Aayog.
- It promotes innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- It is based on a detailed study on the innovation and entrepreneurial needs of India.
- AIM is an umbrella innovation organization that would
- play a key role in aligning innovation policies between central, state and sectoral innovation schemes.
- Incentivizing the establishment and promotion of an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship at higher secondary schools and academic institutions, MSME industry, corporate and NGO levels.
- It plans to establish and promote Small Business Innovation Research and Development at a national scale for the startups.
- AIM works under following framework:
- Atal Tinkering Labs, which promote creative, innovative mind set in schools.
- Atal Incubators, that promote entrepreneurship in universities and industries.
- Atal New India and Atal Grand Challenges, which promote product innovations with social and economic impact.
- Mentors of Change, who mentor students at Startups.
The NITI Aayog was establised on january 1, 2015 by abolishing the Planning Commision. It is a policy think tank of the Government of India and it aims to achieve sustainable development goals with cooperative federalism. Prime Minister of India is the chairperson of the think tank.