Analysis of the Global Climate Risk Index 2020
The most affected countries in the year 2018 as per the 15th index of Global Climate Risk were Japan, the Philippines, and Germany.
Comparison of the most affected countries Index ranking of 2018 with their ranking in 2017:
- Japan was the most affected country in 2018 as per the index, in 2017 japan was placed 36th in the ranking.
- The Philippines was the second most affected country in 2018, in 2017 the Philippines was ranked 20th.
- Germany was ranked third in 2018, in 2017 Germany was ranked at 40th place.
- Madagascar ranked fourth in 2018, in 2017 was placed at 7th.
- India is ranked fifth in the ranking, in 2017 India’s rank was 14th.
- Srilanka at 6th place, followed by Kenya, Rwanda, Canada and Fiji making the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th place respectively.
The most affected countries from 1999-2018 taken together:
- The Caribbean Island nation, Puerto Rico is the most affected country in the last 20 years taken together followed by Myanmar at 2nd, Hati at 3th and Philippines on the 4th.
- Pakistan continuously affected by Catastrophes ranked 5th most affected in the last 20 years, followed by Vietnam, Bangladesh, Thailand, Nepal and Dominica at 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th place respectively.
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|