36th India International Trade Fair begins in New Delhi
The 36th edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) has started at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. It will be held from 14th to 18th November 2016.
The fair was inaugurated by the President Pranab Mukherjee. The theme of 2016 IITF is Digital India. 150 companies from 27 countries are taking part in the fair.
- The 2016 IITF has been organised by the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), under aegis of Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- This year’s partner country is South Korea and focus country is Belarus. Besides, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand are partner states and Haryana is focus state.
- This year’s theme highlights country’s persistent efforts to alleviate poverty through meaningful convergence of digital technologies and e-governance.
- The fair will provide a glimpse with updated information on various missions, schemes and initiatives launched by the Central Government.
- It will also manifest a multi-pronged strategy of Indian economy driven by ‘Make in India’ initiative and reforms to transform trade and industry into an engine of socio-economic growth.