2019 Edelman Trust Barometer report: Key Facts
The 2019 Edelman Trust Barometer report by the Edelman Intelligence has been released.
Edelman Trust Barometer report: Global Trust Index
The Edelman Trust Barometer report is an international study based on the opinions of elites that focuses on the principles of trust in business, government, media and NGOs. Based on the findings the report calculates the Global Trust Index. The key findings from the report are:
- The Global Trust Index witnessed a marginal increase of 3 points to 52.
- India is among the most trusted nations globally when it comes to government, business, NGOs and media but the country’s brands are among the least-trusted.
- India stood at the second place in the informed public category and third place in the general population category.
- The index has been topped by China in both the informed public and the general population segments, with scores of 79 and 88 respectively.
- Companies headquartered in Switzerland, Germany and Canada were the most trusted ones.
- Also, the brands from Switzerland, Germany and Canada have a trust score of 70 each while that of Japan is 69 per cent.
- Companies headquartered in India, Mexico and Brazil are the least trusted, followed by China and South Korea.
- There is a growing feeling of pessimism about the future, with only one-in-three mass population respondents in the developed world believing his or her family would be better off in the next five years.
- Just one-in-five believe the system is working for them and 70 per cent desire change.
- Despite a full-employment economy, fear of job loss remains high among the general population.
- Search and traditional media have a score of 66 each, while the score of social media is 44 per cent when it comes to reliable sources for news.
These findings are based on an online survey in 27 markets covering over 33,000 respondents.