2016 India International Science Festival held in New Delhi
The 2016 India International Science festival (IISF) has started at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) Campus in New Delhi.
It was inaugurated by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. The theme of the science festival is “Science for the masses”.
- IISF-2016 has been organised by the Union Ministry of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences in association with Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA).
- The main aim is to promote the science and technology developed by the Indian research labs and to inculcate the scientific temper among masses.
- It also aims to encourage and develop scientific temper and attitude, promote exchange of knowledge and ideas among young minds.
- It will showcase recent developments and contributions of India in science and technology involving all our scientific departments.
- It will also showcase India’s S&T prowess, technological developments, history of Indian Science and science education involving more than 10000 young researchers, academicians and top level Indian scientists.
The IISF as a major science event was conceptualized in 2016 and was organized for first time IISF at IIT, Delhi in December, 2015. It was visited by more than 4 lakh people and was a great success. It had won the distinction of Guinness Book of World Record for successful conduct of Largest Practical Science Lesson by 2000 school students.