Banking, Finance & Economy Current Affairs Quiz -February 8,2023
Published: February 8, 2023
1. Which nation and the European Union (EU) announced the creation of three working groups as part of the “Trade and Technology Council”?
Correct Answer: D [India]
India and the European Union (EU) announced the formation of three working groups under the ‘Trade and Technology Council’.
2. Which nation has been designated by the International Seabed Authority as the “Pioneer Investor”?
[D] United States of America
Correct Answer: A [India]
The International Seabed Authority with headquarters in Jamaica has officially designated India as a “Pioneer Investor”.
3. As of January 2023, which state in India has the greatest unemployment rate?
[B] Jammu and Kashmir
Correct Answer: B [Jammu and Kashmir]
The highest unemployment rate in India was reported from Jammu and Kashmir as of January 2023.
4. Which government programme was extended until March 2026?
[B] Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
[C] Modi Sagar Mala Yojana
[D] PM KUSUM Scheme
Correct Answer: D [PM KUSUM Scheme]
The government of India extended the PM-KUSUM scheme till March 2026.
5. Which of the following best describes “VIHANGAM”?
[A] It is an agricultural technique.
[B] It is a type of software for monitoring coal mines.
[C] It is a novel mode of transportation in coal mines.
[D] It is a tool used in the oil and gas industry
Correct Answer: B [It is a type of software for monitoring coal mines.]
By introducing “VIHANGAM,” a web-based portal with a drone and ground control system, Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL), a leading Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) under the Ministry of Coal, has deployed drone technology in coal mines. Coal India Limited’s wholly owned subsidiary MCL (CIL). More than 80% of the coal produced domestically comes from CIL.
Category: Banking, Finance & Economy Current Affairs Quiz