GKToday Archives: March, 2016
1. ‘Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve’ is located in which country? [A]Nepal [B]Bhutan [C]Myanmar [D]Sri Lanka Answer: NepalNotes: The Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve is a protected area in the Terai of the Far-Western Region, Nepal, covering 305 km2 (118 sq mi) of open grassland, forests, riverbeds and tropical wetlands at an altitude of 174 to 1,386 metres. It ..
1. “Pattiseema lift irrigation project” has been launched in which state of India? [A]Tamil Nadu [B]Telangana [C]Andhra Pradesh [D]Kerala Answer: Andhra PradeshNotes: The Andhra Pradesh government has launched India’s first river linking project “Pattiseema lift irrigation project” that connects Godavari River with Krishna River from the ongoing Polavaram Multi-purpose Irrigation Project. The project has been ..
1. Who among the following won the Laadli Media and Advertising Award for Gender Sensitivity 2014-2015? [A]Aruna Gali [B]Kiran Bedi [C]Medha Patkar [D]Vandana Shiva Answer: Aruna GaliNotes: Aruna Gali won the award for the Laadli Media and Advertising Gender Sensitivity 2014-2015. Her Telugu blog ‘Vivakshaku Mugimpu Palakaali’ has been selected as the best blog under ..
Question Category: Current Affairs
1. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT)? [A]Amit Bhosle [B]Permod Kohli [C]Nikhil Sharma [D]Mayuri Saxena Answer: Permod KohliNotes: Permod Kohli, the retired Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Justice, has been appointed as the Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) for a period of 5 years with effect from ..
1. Which country has recently signed refugee deal with European Union? [A]Iran [B]Turkey [C]Russia [D]Saudi Arabia Answer: TurkeyNotes: After five months of intense negotiations, the European Union (EU) and Turkey finally signed a key deal on March 18 to prevent migration movements stemming from the Syrian war. According to the deal, any asylum-seeker reaching Greece ..