GKToday Archives: December, 2015
1. Haskell Wexler, who passed away recently, was related to which of the following fields? [A]Cricketer [B]Politician [C]Scientist [D]Cinematographer Answer: Cinematographer The Oscar-winning cinematographer and documentary filmmaker, Haskell Wexler (93) passed away in California, USA. He was best known for his work in films like Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s ..
1. Shiva Keshavan is related to which of the following sports? [A]Rugby [B]Luge [C]Polo [D]Table Tennis Answer: Luge Recently, the Indian luger, Shiva Keshavan has clinched a silver medal at the 2015 Asian Luge Championship held in Nagano, Japan. The first place was grabbed by Japan’s Hidenari Kanayama and the third place is grabbed by ..
1. Which of the following two countries currently occupy / control the Golan heights? [A]Egypt & Syria [B]Turkey & Israel [C]Israel & Syria [D]Syria & Turkey Answer: Israel & Syria The Golan Heights also called the Golan or the Syrian Golan. The Golan Heights is a basaltic plateau bordered by the Yarmouk River in the ..
1. .2. .3. Which of the following cities was capital of Maharaja Ranjit Singh? [A] Amritsar [B] Patiala [C] Lahore [D] Kapurthala Answer: Lahore Maharaja Ranjit Singh (called “The Lion of the Punjab”) (1780-1839) was a Sikh ruler of the Punjab. His tomb is located in Lahore, Pakistan. He is remembered for uniting the Punjab ..
1. Which of the following companies has launched contactless digital payment wallet – MoboMoney? [A]Vodafone [B]Paytm [C]Tech Mahindra [D]Airtel Answer: Tech Mahindra Tech Mahindra has launched the ‘MoboMoney’, a first of its kind ‘Tap N Pay’ contactless digital payment solution for the Indian masses. MoboMoney is a prepaid wallet issued in the form of a ..