Page-2 of GKToday Archives: October, 2013
1. “Industry, Impartiality, Integrity” is the motto of which of the following organisations? [A]CBI [B]RAW [C]NTPC [D]CSIR CBI Industry, Impartiality, Integrity is the motto of Central Bureau of Investigation. Show Answer 2. Recently, two leaders viz. RJD leader Lalu Prasad Yadav and the Janata Dal (United) leader Jagadish Sharma have been disqualified from their parliamentary ..
1. There are only three countries in the world at present where Polio still exists. These three countries are__: [A]Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nigeria [B]Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sudan [C]Pakistan, Afghanistan, Myanmar [D]Pakistan, Nigeria, Myanmar Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nigeria Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nigeria are the only three countries where polio still persists. Show Answer 2. NASDAQ is an American stock ..
1. Which among the following has the largest share in the renewable energy basket of India at present? [A]Wind Energy [B]Solar Energy [C]Biomass [D]Small Hydropower projects Wind Energy Sixty-five percent of power from renewable sources comes from wind energy. Biomass accounts for 14%, small hydro- power projects contribute 13% and solar energy 5%. Other sources ..
1. In October 2013, Petronas Lubricants International announced $50 million investment in a lubricant oil blending plant, its first in India. Petronas is a oil and gas company from ___? [A]UAE [B]Malaysia [C]Saudi Arabia [D]Kuwait Malaysia PETRONAS, short for Petroliam Nasional Berhad, is a Malaysian oil and gas company. Show Answer 2. In which of ..
1. In October 2013, RBI cuts Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) by 50bps. The new MSF has been fixed at ___? [A]9.50% [B]9.0% [C]8.5% [D]8.0% 9.0% The RBI has reduced the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate, at which banks barrow from it, to 9 per cent from 9.5 per cent to improve liquidity in the system. ..