What are the objectives behind Citizen Charters? Discuss along with elucidating the Six Principles of the Citizen's Charters.
Published: November 21, 2017
The key objectives of the Citizens Charters are to empower the citizen in relation to public service delivery.
Six principles of the Citizens’ Charter movement as originally framed, were:
- Quality : Improving the quality of services
- Choice : Wherever possible
- Standards :Specify what to expect and how to act if standards are not met
- Value: For the taxpayers’ money
- Accountability : Individuals and Organisations
- Transparency: Rules/ Procedures/ Schemes/Grievances.
Upholding these principles ensures citizen centricity in public service delivery.
Model Questions Category: 051 - E Governance Applications Models Successes Limitations Potential