What are the goals set for India of 2022?
2022 would be a special year for India. India would be celebrating the75th year of independence in 2022. The government is preparing to ensure that 2022 goes down as a remarkable moment in Indian history.
Targets for 2022:
- India is planning to become a non-permanent member of the United Nations’ Security Council for the year 2021-22. India was the member of the UNSC in 2011-2012 last time.
- India has pushed the deadline for launching the Bullet train project to 2022.
- India has set 2022 as the deadline for the launch of India’s maiden human spaceflight programme. Indian space agency ISRO is planning to send three astronauts into space for seven days.
- India is looking forward to welcoming the world for the G-20 Summit in 2022. It would be the first time India hosting the G-20 summit.
- Farmers who are the backbone of India continue to be the vulnerable lot. The government has committed to double the farmer’s income by 2022.
- India is also planning to reach the goal of breaking into top 25 rankings under ease of doing business by 2022.
- The INDC goals of India have set an ambitious target for India. India aims to accumulate 175GW of renewable energy capacity by 2022.
- The government is aiming to ensure housing for all by 2022 under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
President Kovind in his independence day speech outlined the vision for new India where “Every family should get a home, the country should have met electricity and water supply demands and have roads and rails laid out. But a New India should not just move towards the future but also be sensitive. We should be a society that embraces people living in border areas, who feel disconnected from the rest of the nation. We should be a society that thinks of its poorest citizens. We will build a New India where people can develop their talents to their full capacity. We need to build a society that has no information asymmetry. We must ensure that girls are not discriminated against and everyone receives an education. A fully literate and educated society is one of the goals of New India”.
The government has decided to launch a number of initiatives to mark the occasion of the 75th anniversary. The efforts of the government are directed towards making India’s presence felt at the global stage. More such decisions are expected to be taken by the government in the coming months.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|