What are the critical issues being faced by Indian army in current times. Discuss while suggesting steps to tackle issues that should get highest priority.
The issues which plague our Indian Army are as follows-
- Restoring the intrinsic strength of unity in the Indian army.
- Reignite the fervour of oneness in the “rank and file”.
- Slow development of border infrastructure and road-rail linkages along the northern borders.
- Restructuring the Border Road Organisation.
- Benchmarking financial allocations for developmental works.
- Efficient use of available human resource.
- Slow pace of modernisation.
- Army’s capability is seriously affected by delays in procurement.
Measures in this regard are-
- Periodical upgradation of existing equipment to handle the current challenges.
- Continuous modernization of the force by gradual induction of latest equipment for giving a futuristic outlook to the army.
- The revised offset policy is a welcome step as it includes technology transfer as part of the offsets. Since offsets are not free of cost, the government must ensure drawing maximum value from offset provisions.
- Adequate training of human resources.
- Lack of basic tools such as a well-equipped reference library denies the officers essential knowledge for functioning efficiently. Governments will in this aspect will help the army go a long way.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|