What are aims and objectives of Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) of NITI Aayog?
NITI Aayog launched the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP). WEP was envisaged by the NITI Aayog during Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) held in Hyderabad last year.
The objectives of the WEP include
- WEP aims to build an ecosystem for women across India to realize their entrepreneurial aspirations, scale-up innovative initiatives and chalk-out sustainable, long-term strategies for their businesses.
- It aims to power a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem through an enabling network of industry collaborations, partnerships, mentors and peer-to-peer connect.
- It aspires to substantially increase the number of women entrepreneurs who will create and empower a dynamic New India.
- It aims to address the bottlenecks faced by both aspiring and established women entrepreneurs by streamlining information across government and private sector schemes and initiatives.
- To provide for an interactive website to act as a dedicated resource and knowledge base.
The three pillars on which WEP is built are
- Ichha Shakti– motivating aspiring entrepreneurs to start their enterprise).
- Gyaan Shakti– providing knowledge and ecosystem support to women entrepreneurs to help them foster entrepreneurship.
- Karma Shakti– providing hands-on support to entrepreneurs in setting-up and scaling up businesses.
NITI Ayog has built the platform in association with ShopClues.com, Mann Deshi Foundation, ASSCOM, CII, FICCI, SIDBI and Facebook.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|