Throw some light on the characteristics and significance of Project MANAV launched by the Department of biotechnology.
The Project Manav aims to create a certified database of the molecular network of all the tissues in the human body.
Significance of project Manav:
- Promoting scientific collaboration among different universities and researchers.
- Promoting research and development in the human anatomy and tissues of the body.
- The database can be later utilised by private companies, students, researchers, etc for research and educational purposes.
- It is first such effort and success of it will pave way for more such collaborative efforts in future.
- It will increase the connection from the foreign universities to Indian universities, hence increasing the quality of education.
- It will promote necessary skill development of researchers and will foster innovation in the country.
Project Manav is a welcome step in increasing the research in the field of biotechnology. Government now should necessitate finances and support for its smooth implementation.