Though the situation of women has improved considerably in present India, still various forms of violence against India is still persisting. Discuss the ways to handle this issue effectively.
According to NCRB data, crimes against women are increasing, According to the reports, the pandemic induced lockdown further fuelled violence against women.
Various forms of violence:
- Female foeticide (missing girls).
- Dowry related violence.
- Harassment by husbands, after getting drunk.
- Sexual harassment at work place.
- Stalking and eve-teasing.
- New forms of harassment on digital platforms like cyber bullying, sexting, etc.
- Strict implementation of law, by enhancing criminal justice system for better conviction rate.
- Women in rural areas can organize as Self Help Groups to act as pressure groups and agencies for harassment.
- Emergency help lines numbers. E.g. Karnataka police offers panic button in their app for instant response.
- Attitudinal change for changing the beliefs around girls. E.g. Local female athletes from Haryana, changing the cognitive structure in the region.
Thus, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao can transform into Badlav (change).
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|