The Land Pooling strategy for the new capital of Andhra Pradesh can become an example for Centre as well as other states in India. Discuss.
The Andhra Pradesh government has adopted land pooling strategy to collect the land as an alternative to land acquisition.
Under the land pooling concept, small parcels of land and pooled from the various large owners contributed voluntarily would be developed by a special agency or government body with all modern facilities like roads, sewerage lines, electricity etc. After the completion of the development, a small portion of the developed land will be returned to the original owner. The advantages associated with this system are-
- Smooth process as land owners contribute voluntarily.
- Development creates a win-win situation for the government as well as people.
- The pooling process does not disrupt the current inhabitants.
- In land pooling the medium of exchange is land only as against the money in land acquisition process.
- The returned developed land is less than the original land but its value will be more than the original land.
- Land pooling is an easy way of collecting land for development in comparison to land acquisition.
With all these advantages associated and the success story of AP land pooling model, the model could be replicated by other states in green field projects creating a win-win situation for all. (204 words)
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|