Highlight the significance of online dispute resolution in India and how it differs from traditional court of justice.
The online dispute resolution has seen a great traction in recent times, much on account of the covid-19 pandemic.
Forms of online dispute resolution:
- Online mediation.
- Connected arbitration.
- Grievance redressal through e-ticketing in the consumer courts.
Traditional experience in a Court of Justice:
- Physical hearing in an alienating environment filled with law speaking advocates.
- Intractable legal jargons and precedents, which are difficult to understand for a commoner.
- Multiple hearing and long winding delay tactics used by the lawyer during a trial.
Transformation by online dispute resolution:
- Helps to save precious time and energy in commute and court visit.
- Extremely efficient if supported by responsive technological stack.
- Use of artificial intelligence in determining order of cases for fast track justice delivery.
- Opportunity for wide sections of the society to view and learn from the court proceedings through live telecast.
- Great ability to reach even the remotest areas for faster and responsible justice.
Thus, online dispute resolution is a harbinger of Paradigm shift in our jurisprudence, changing dispute resolution from places like courts where justice is administered to a service which is availed of.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|