Highlight the potential of recent technological advancements to usher into an era of good governance using the tool of e-governance.
E governance is the use of information and communication technologies to provide government services.
Potential of e-governance:
- Availability of geographic information system (GIS) mapping can aid urban planning in flood prone areas.
- Use of satellite technology aids damage assessment of farms after natural disasters aiding provision of swift compensation.
- Blockchain technology can be used for zero leakage implementation of national rural employment guarantee act.
- 5G technology can help faster payment of taxes and filing of labour law compliance reports by small businesses.
- Use of Management Information System (MIS) can help record demand for work in MGNREGA, so as to aid accountability.
- SMS alerts banking on mobile phone penetration in rural areas can be used to provide alerts to tuberculosis patients, improving adherence to drug regimen.
- Case law depositories can be made available online by the law ministry to help students and academicians.
- Crime and criminal tracking network system (CCTNS) allows police officers nationwide to check suspect profiles against databases.
- Online filing of FIRs will reduce the scope for corruption and non-responsiveness on part of the police.
- Information regarding various schemes can be uploaded by the government departments to aid citizens.
Better internet connectivity in rural areas under Bharat Net, and implementing Srikrishna committee recommendations to protect privacy of individuals.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|