Enumerate the location distribution and factors responsible for location of Engineering industry in India.
India has started emerging as an important nation in the field of engineering industries. The major industries and the important industrial centres are listed here:
- Heavy Engineering Equipment: Ranchi, Durgapur and Naini.
- Automobiles: Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Faridabad, Pune and Gurgaon.
- Locomotives: Chittaranjan, Jamshedpur, Varanasi and Bhopal.
- Railway Coaches and Wagons: Perambur, Bangalore, Agarpara, Dumdum, Kolkata, Bharatpur and Kapurthala.
- Machines and Tools: Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolcutta, Howrah, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Pinjore, Sirmur, Kalamassary and Kota.
- Aircraft: Bangalore, Kanpur, Nasik (frames only) Koraput (Engines) and Hyderabad (Electronics).
- Heavy Electricals: Bhopal, Tiruchirapalli, Hardwar, Naini and Patiala.
- Ship-building and Repairs: Vishakapatnam (ship-building) Mazagon Docks of Mumbai, Kidderpore Docks of Kolkata (repairing coastal ships and frigates), Garden Reach Docks and Workshop Kolkata and Kochi. Kochi Shipyard is the largest shipyard of India.