Elucidate the functioning of National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF). Do you agree that NIIF has been an innovative move for channelizing the big-ticket private funding? Discuss analyzing its potential towards with its reviving private capital inflows into infrastructure in the country.
Published: May 10, 2017
The functions of NIIF are as follows:
- To raise funds through suitable instruments including from off-shore credit bonds also in order to attract investors to participate in the NIIF.
- Servicing of the investors of NIIF
- To invest in the corpus created by Asset Management Companies (AMCs) for investing in the private equity.
- Providing advisory services and creating shelf of infrastructure projects.
- Providing equity support to the Non-Banking Financial Companies involved in the infrastructure financing.
Yes, NIIF is indeed an innovative move for channelizing the big ticket private funding. [Read Full Article Here]