Discuss the structural patterns in the Chemical Industry in India.
Published: February 6, 2016
The structural pattern of Chemical Industry includes:
- Basic Organic Chemicals– includes methanol, acetic acid, formaldehyde, etc
- Speciality Chemicals- high value, low volume chemicals known for their end use applications ex- Paints and coatings, Cosmetic etc.
- Chlor-Alkali– includes caustic soda, liquid chlorine and soda ash.
- Pesticides- are used in agriculture industries in the form of, kill weeds (herbicides), kill insects (insecticides), fungus (fungicides), rodent (rodenticides) etc.
- Dyestuffs-includes textiles, leather, paper, food products, medical diagnostics (CT scan, angiography), security inks, lasers, photo dynamics etc
- Alcohol based chemicals Industry- Industrial alcohol produced from sugarcane molasses are mainly used in drugs & pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, flavours & fragrances etc.
Model Questions Category: 075 - Changes in Industrial Policy and Their Effects On Industrial Growth