Discuss some of the important inventions and discoveries that took place during the 18th century. How these led to some of the major humanitarian reforms in the society?
Important inventions and discoveries that took place during the 18th century are:
- First vaccine for small pox
- Process of selective breedingand artificial selection
- Use of cast iron for construction of bridges and buildings
- Steam engine
- Invention of electrostatic motor
- Power loom
Major humanitarian reforms in the society due to inventions and discoveries are:
- The invention of power loom machine in 1774 changed the dimensions of Indian textile industry. It not only increased the production but also improved the income, skills and working conditions for industrial workers.
- Steam engine was another such invention that expedited the transportation facilities for industrial produce goods.
- Use of caste iron for construction of bridges and buildings resulted in fast infrastructure development.
- Invention and use of electrostatic motor in industries revolutionized the industrial revolution.
- Smallpox was a dreaded nightmare before the vaccine for small pox was successfully introduced by Edward Jenner in 1796. The vaccine saved several lives.
- The process of selective breeding and artificial selection resulted in superior breeds of plants and animals and helped to eliminate certain diseases. (196 words)
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|