Critically discuss the key proposals of Draft National Civil Aviation Policy 2015.
Draft National Civil Aviation Policy 2015 proposals are:
- To replace 5/20 rule with DFC (Domestic Flying Credits) system
- No scraping of route dispersal guidelines
- Open Sky Agreement with SAARC and other countries outside 5,000 km from New Delhi
- Boost to domestic MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) Industry
- Regional connectivity scheme
India has more than 475 airports/ airstrips but only 65-70 are operational. This huge gap is due to low demand of air flights in country due to high fares and connectivity issues. The draft policy does not talk about reduction of fares and taxes and more fleets connecting many other cities of India to easy and cheap flight access. If any provision related to these issues are put forward, it may earn huge revenue to government and companies.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|