UPSC Mains Questions on Current Affairs: 31-08-2017
- Critically discuss India’s preparedness to tackle the threats posed by ransomware and state-sponsored cyber attacks.
Category – GS-III: basics of cyber security
- Despite of increased output and productivity, there is a demand –supply gap in the oilseeds in India, particularly in Edible oils. While analyzing the reasons, discuss the steps that should be taken to address the issue.
- “The law should incorporate “pollute and Pay” principle imposing heavy fines on violaters Instead of ruthlessly closing the polluting units.” Discuss critically.
Category – GS-III- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment.
- “Many of India’s biggest industrial houses have taken advantage of a new law to set up electoral trusts but the transparency in corporate donations to political parties still remains a major issue.” Discuss critically.
- Rooftop solar provides a good alternative source of electricity to that provided by the grid, however, it is not being adopted widely in India. Highlight the reasons underlying.