What are the features of Andhra’s ‘Family Doctor Project’?
State Government of Andhra Pradesh has decided to implement the “Family Doctor Project” on pilot basis in Padmanabham mandal of Visakhapatnam district. Project is likely to be implemented from August 15, 2022. This Project will be launched with the aim of improving health services, among rural population
- As a part of the “Family Doctor Project”, a doctor from Primary Health Centre (PHC) will be made available to look after health needs of people in Ward and Village Sachivalayam.
- The doctor will provide patient services for the residents of ward from 9 a.m. to 12 .30 p.m.
- Lunch breaks will be given from 12.30 p.m. to 1.30 p.m.
- Following the break, same doctor will visit again from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, to the patients’ who are severely sick and need of antenatal & postnatal care.
- Before Doctor’s visit, ANMs, ASHA workers and Mid-Level Health Providers (MLHPs) will visit door-to-door and identify people who require doctor’s services.
- Detailed list will be submitted by them, to the doctor. PHC doctor will then visit these houses and deliver health services.
Health Services in Padmanabham Mandal:
There are 2 PHCs and 14 Ward Schivalayams in the Padmanabham Mandal. Every PHC has doctors. Under the project, one doctor will stay at the hospital, while the other doctor will implement “family doctor concept”.
Training Programme for Staff:
To implement the “Family Doctor Project”, Health Department officials are already conducting training programme for staff at PHCs to train ASHA workers, MLHPs and ANMs in Padmanabham mandal.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|