Tribes India Conclave organised by TRIFED and Ministry of External Affairs
TRIFED organised a Tribes India Conclave in association with the Ministry of External Affairs on November 27, 2021 at the “Tribes India Adi Mahotsav”.
- Tribes India Conclave was organised in line with the Prime Minister’s vision for Vocal for Local and to build a self-reliant India as well as to introduce rich tribal heritage to international audiences.
- Event was attended by some 100 diplomats from more than 20 foreign missions in India apart from senior officials from Ministry of External Affairs and other ministries.
Dignitaries who attended the conclave
The dignitaries comprise of diplomats from more than 20 countries like Kiribati, Poland, Mexico, South Korea, Laos, Thailand, Bangladesh, Switzerland, Brazil, Maldives and US. Conclave was also attended by delegates from international organizations like United Nations as well.
Tribes India Conclave
- During the conclave, dignitaries took a look at stalls of tribal artisans from India and showed their willingness to learn more about unique handicrafts and traditions.
- There were 200 stalls on display, that showcased products like traditional weaves, jewellery, paintings and toys.
- They were given a glimpse into tribal arts and crafts.
- Furthermore, there were live demonstrations by artisans on how to make Lac bangles, pottery, and Gond paintings.
- The artisans also performed a live puppet show at the conclave.
During the conclave, a separate GI store also featured renowned, exquisite items like Darjeeling tea from West Bengal, Kota Doriya fabric, Rajasthan’s blue pottery, Kala jeera from Himachal Pradesh, Odisha’s Pattachitra, Madhya Pradesh’s Chanderi & Maheshwari silk, Karnataka’s Bidriware, Banarasi silk from Uttar Pradesh.
Category: Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|