Telangana: Integrated Hospital Facility Management
On 13th March, the health department of the Telangana State government issued a government order (GO) approving the Integrated Hospital Facility Management Services (IHFMS).
The main objective of IHFMS is to improve patient care services in Telangana’s government hospitals. On January 29th, the Director of medical education (DME) and the Telangana Vaidya Vidhana Parishad (TVVP) commissioner submitted the proposal to implement the IHFMS. The proposal was approved through the GO 31 of the Telangana state government.
IHFMS also extends to institutions, nursing colleges, and nursing schools in Telangana. Thus, the policy of providing one person for 7,000 sq. ft. of built-up area and one person per 27,000 sq. ft. for open area, which is presently applicable to the medical colleges, will also apply to nursing colleges and nursing schools in Telangana.
Reservation for SC community
- In contracts related to the provision of IHFMS in the government hospitals, 16% reservation is provided to agencies owned by persons belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) community.
- This reservation applies to hospitals having sanctioned bed strength of up to 500 beds.
- Contracts for 20 of the 122 Category A hospitals (bed strength of less than 100) will be reserved for the agencies belonging to persons from the SC community.
- Contracts for 8 of the 53 Category B hospitals (bed strength between 100 and 500) will be reserved for the agencies belonging to persons from the SC community.
- The hospitals to be reserved for SCs in each category (A and B) will be selected by a transparent process of drawing lots. The minimum turnover requirement for reserved hospitals will be relaxed by 50% for agencies owned by SCs.
The implementation and monitoring of the reservation policy and identification of reserved hospitals will be overseen by a committee consisting of the Director of medical education (DME), the Telangana Vaidya Vidhana Parishad (TVVP) commissioner, and the Managing Director (MD) of Telangana State Medical Services & Infrastructure Development Corporation (TSMSIDC).
Category: Legal & Constitution Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|