Synergy: CERT-In Cyber Security Exercise
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under the Ministry of Electronics and IT, in collaboration with the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore, successfully designed and conducted a cyber security exercise “Synergy” for 13 countries.
- The theme of the exercise was “Building a Strong Network to Combat Ransomware Attacks”.
- It was conducted on its own simulation platform related to the exercise in which each state participated as a National Crisis Management Team consisting of various government agencies.
- The specific objective of the exercise was to assess and exchange various strategies and methodologies among member-states to build a strong network against ransomware and extortion-intensive cyber attacks.
- This exercise scenario was derived from real-life cyber incidents, in which a single incident of domestic (with limited impact) ransomware turns into a global cybersecurity crisis.
- It succeeded in meeting the objectives and provided insights on better coordination and cooperation among CRI member states to strengthen the network and deal effectively with ransomware attacks.
Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
CERT-In is nodal agency for information technology (cyber) security under aegis of Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Electronics and IT. It was established in 2004. Its mandate is to protect Indian cyberspace and software infrastructure against destructive and hacking activities. It also responds to computer security incidents, report on vulnerabilities and promote effective IT security practices throughout country. It also issue guidelines, vulnerability notes, advisories and whitepapers regarding to information security practices, prevention.
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|