SC-ST Hub Conclave
The MSME ministry organized a national SC-ST hub conclave in Gujarat.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) organized the event on September 28 to raise awareness about the National SC-ST Hub (NSSH) scheme and other schemes of the union ministry.
- The event witnessed the participation of more than 300 entrepreneurs from scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
- Central public sector enterprises (CPSEs) like National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd., Food Corporation of India, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation and Indian Oil Corporation Limited also took part in this event.
- They held presentations on their vendor empanelment process and the list of products or services to be procured.
- Financial institutions like State Bank of India (SBI) and Yes Bank also attended this event. They provided details about various lending schemes targeting MSME sector.
- Other government agencies like Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), GeM, Rural Self-Employment Training Institutes and others also presented their schemes for MSMEs.
- The conclave provided facilitation desks for UDYAM Registration and GeM registrations.
About NSSH scheme
National Scheduled Caste Scheduled Tribe Hub (NSSH) scheme was launched by the MSME ministry to promote an inclusive economy and entrepreneurship among SC/ST community. It is implemented by the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) – a public sector undertaking under the MSME ministry. Its purpose is to fulfil the obligations under the Central Government Public Procurement Policy for Micro and Small Enterprises Order 2012. The hub provides professional aid to the SC/ST enterprises to help them to effectively participate in the public procurement process. It leverages the Stand Up India programme. Under this scheme, selected entrepreneurs would be provided with support and mentoring by industry experts, CPSEs and incubators. Its other focus areas include vendor development, building reliable database, credit facilitation, capacity building, technology upgradation, marketing support and special subsidies.
Topics: Growth of MSMEs • Ministry of Micro • Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprise • MSME Ministry • National Small Industries Corporation • National Small Industries Corporation Limited (NSIC) • Public Procurement • SC/ST • SC/ST welfare programmes • Small and Medium Enterprises
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|