Realignment of Dept of Animal Husbandry & Dairying schemes
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved implementation of special livestock sector package comprising of several activities by revising & realigning several components of schemes by government of India.
- Package will be implemented for next 5 years from 2021-22.
- It will also help in boosting growth of livestock sector and make animal husbandry more remunerative for 10 crore farmers from this sector.
About Livestock Sector Package
- Livestock sector package is Central Government’s support of Rs.9800 crore over 5 years to leverage an investment of Rs.54,618 crore for 5 years.
- Under the package, schemes of Department will be merged into three broad categories as Development Programmes.
- These schemes include- Rashtriya Gokul Mission, National Livestock Mission (NLM), National Programme for Dairy Development (NPDD), and Livestock Census & Integrated Sample Survey (LC & ISS) as sub-schemes.
Rashtriya Gokul Mission
This scheme will help in development & conservation of indigenous breeds. It will also contribute in improving economic condition of rural poor.
National Programme for Dairy Development (NPDD) scheme
NPDD scheme targets on installing 8900 bulk milk coolers, providing benefits to 8 lakh milk producers. Under the scheme, 20 LLPD milk will be additionally procured. Benefits will be availed with financial assistance from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
National Livestock Mission (NLM)
NLM was launched in financial year 2014-15. It seeks to ensure quantitative and qualitative improvement across livestock production systems and capacity building for all stakeholders. It is being implemented as sub scheme of White Revolution called ‘Rashtriya Pashudhan Vikas Yojana’ since April 2019.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|