Punjab: Mera Ghar Mere Naam scheme launched
Chief Minister of Punjab, Charanjit Singh Channi, launched “Mera Ghar Mere Naam” scheme on October 17, 2021.
- The scheme will give ownership rights to the people who are living in houses within the lal lakir of cities as well as villages.
- Lal lakir refers to land which is part of the village habitation. Such land is used only for non-agriculture purposes.
Significance of the scheme
The scheme will provide much needed assistance to all the people, including those from underprivileged and needy strata.
Earlier this scheme was launched for the residents of villages only. But now it has been extended to eligible residents of cities within the lal lakir.
In order to implement the scheme, the Revenue department has been mandated to undertake drone survey of these residential properties across the rural and urban areas for the purpose of digital mapping.
- After proper identification or verification, all the eligible residents will be given property cards or sanads in order to provide ownership rights in time-bound manner.
- Before this, beneficiaries will be given a time of 15 days for filing their objections. If no reply is received from them, property card will be issued.
- Property card will serve the purpose of registry. Using this card, beneficiary can avail loans from banks or sell their properties. Thus, the card will enhance the monetary value of land.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|