Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Vidyanjali Portal
Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, launched Vidyanjali Portal and several other initiatives in the education sector on September 7, 2021.
- These initiatives were launched while asserting that they will play a significant role in shaping India’s future.
- Initiatives were launched while inaugurating the conclave of ‘Shikshak Parv’.
- Vidyanjali portal was launched with the objective of facilitating education volunteers, donors or CSR contributors for school development.
About Vidyanjali Portal
Vidyanjali portal was launched to enable community or volunteers to contribute by connecting with the government and government-aided schools of their choice directly.
Ways of contributing
As per education ministry, any person who is a citizen of India, NRI, PIO or any organisation, institution, company & group registered in India can volunteer and contribute in following two ways:
- Services/Activities: Assets or material or equipment like basic civil infrastructure, classroom support materials & equipment, basic electrical infrastructure, digital infrastructure, equipment for extra-curricular activities, sports, yoga and health etc.
- Serving and retired teachers, scientists, government or semi government officials, self-employed & salaried professionals, retired armed forces personnel, alumni of educational institutions, homemakers and other literate person can volunteer at a school on requests.
Shikshak Parv-2021 was launched by the Ministry of Education (MoE). Its celebration started on September 5 and will conclude on September 17, 2021. It is being organised to recognise valuable contributions of teachers and to take the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 ahead.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|