PM Modi to launch first ever PM Gati Shakti Masterplan
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to launch first ever National Infrastructure Masterplan called “Pradhan Mantri Gati Shakti”. This masterplan will be launched on October 13, 2021.
- Gati Shakti scheme was announced by PM Modi on Independence Day, 2021.
- This Masterplan will bring together 16 Ministries and seven core infrastructure sectors, on a single platform in order to synergise project planning across stakeholder ministries for avoiding duplication, plug gaps and expedite clearances at the right time.
About Gati Shakti Platform
Gati Shakti platform was launched to provide information instantaneously. It will allow for better coordination among ministries. Gati Shakti Scheme was launched with the aim of achieving three basic goals namely,
- Seamless multimodal connectivity for facilitating easy movement of goods & people,
- Improved prioritisation, optimal usage of resources, timely creation of capacities, and
- Resolution of issues like disjointed planning, standardisation & clearances.
Aim of the Master Plan
- This Master Plan will provide a framework for ‘National Infrastructure Pipeline program’.
- The plan also aims to make Indian products more competitive by cutting down their logistics costs and improving supply chains. It also aims to give a foundation for holistic infrastructure and an integrated pathway for the economy.
- It will help the local manufacturers of India in turning globally competitive.
- Apart from that, this scheme of worth over one hundred lakh crore rupees will create employment opportunities for the youth.
- It seeks to attract investment from worldwide to improve the infrastructure in India and will provide new direction & fresh momentum for overall infrastructure development in India.
Significance of the Plan
It is a seamless multi-modal connectivity platform and will ensure seamless movement of goods & people and will enhance ease of living & ease of doing business.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|