Parts of Indian Constitution
The 22 parts of our Constitution are as follows:
- Part I The Union And Its Territory Art.( 1-4 )
- Part II Citizenship Art.( 5-11 )
- Part III Fundamental Rights Art.( 12-35 )
- Part IV Directive Principles Of State Policy Art.( 36-51 )
- Part IVA Fundamental Duties Art.( 51a )
Please note that Part IVA was not in Indian Constitution Originally. It was incorporated in the constitution by 42nd Amendment Act 1976.
This Article 51A incorporates the 10 fundamental duties of the citizens.
Further, by the 86th Amendment Act , Right to Education has been added as 11th Fundamental duty in the constitution
- Part V The Union Art.( 52-151 )
- Part VI The States Art.( 152-237 )
- Part VII The States In Part B Of The First Schedule Art.( 238 )
- Part VIII The Union Territories Art.( 239-243 )
- Part IX Panchayats Art.( 243-243-O )
- Part IXA Municipalities Art.( 243P-243ZG )
Please Note that Part IX and IXA were inserted in the Constitution by 73rd and 74th amendment acts.
- Part X The Scheduled And Tribal Areas Art.( 244-244a )
- Part XI Relations Between The Union And The States Art.( 245-263 )
- Part XII Finance, Property, Contracts And Suits Art.( 264-300a )
- Part XIII Trade, Commerce And Intercourse Within The Territory Of India Art.( 301-307 )
- Part XIV Services Under The Union And The States Art.( 308-323 )
- Part XIVA Tribunals Art.( 323a-323b )
Please note that Part XIVA was incorporated in the Constitution by 42nd Amendment Act 1976, to empower the parliament and state legislatures to set up by law administrative tribunals for the adjudication of the disputes and complaints in all service matters relating to recruitment and conditions of service of Public Employees.
- Part XV Elections Art.( 324-329a )
- Part XVI Special Provisions Relating To Certain Classes Art.( 330-342 )
- Part XVII Official Language Art.( 343-351 )
- Part XVIII Emergency Provisions Art.( 352-360 )
- Part XIX Miscellaneous Art.( 361-367 )
- Part XX Amendment Of The Constitution Art.( 368 )
- Part XXI Temporary, Transitional And Special Provisions Art.( 369-392 )
- Part XXII Short Title, Commencement, Authoritative Text In Hindi And Repeals Art.( 393-395 )
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|