Padma Awards 2021
On the evening of 72nd Republic Day, India has honored 119 people from diverse field with the Padma Awards.
- These awards are conferred by the President of India at ceremonial functions at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- In the year 2021, the President has approved conferment of 119 Padma Awards.
- In the list, there are 7 Padma Vibhushan, 10 Padma Bhushan and 102 Padma Shri Awards.
- Women awardees counts at 29.
- It also includes 10 persons from the category of Foreigners or NRI or PIO or OCI,16 Posthumous awardees and 1 transgender awardee.
- Shri Ram Vilas Paswan was conferred the award (Posthumous) in Public Affairs Bihar category.
- It is one of the highest civilian Awards of the country.
- This award is given in three categories namely, the Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
- It is given in various disciplines and fields of activities including the art, public affairs, social work, Trade and industry, science and engineering, medicine, literature, education, sports and civil service.
- It is the second-highest civilian award of the Republic of India.
- The award was Instituted on January 2, 1954.
- This award is given for the “exceptional and distinguished service”.
- It does not differentiate between race, occupation, position, or sex.
- The award is given for the exceptional and distinguished service.
- Satyendra Nath Bose, Zakir Hussain, Balasaheb Gangadhar Kher, Nand Lal Bose were among the first recipient of the award in 1954.
- In the year 2021, this award was given to:
- Shri Shinzo Abe – Public Affairs – Japan
- Shri S P Balasubramaniam (Posthumous) – Art – Tamil Nadu
- Shri Sudarshan Sahoo – Art – Odisha
- Belle Monappa Hegde – Medicine – Karnataka
- Shri B. B. Lal Others – Archaeology – Delhi
- Shri Narinder Singh Kapany (Posthumous) – Science and Engineering – United States of America
- Maulana Wahiduddin Khan – Others – Spiritualism – Delhi
It is the third-highest civilian award in India. The award is preceded by the Bharat Ratna & Padma Vibhushan while followed by the Padma Shri. The award was Instituted on January 2, 1954.
It is the fourth-highest civilian award of India after Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan and Padma Bhushan. It is awarded by the Government of India every year on the occasion of republic day since 1954.
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|