MoU: signed between IIT Guwahati and ISRO
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati has signed a Memorandum of Understanding MoU with The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to set up an IITG-ISRO Space Technology Cell (STC)
About IITG-ISRO STC
- About: The Space Technology Cell (STC) would be a first of its kind in the North-East region that would augment research and capacity building processes in field of space-technology.
- Located: STC will be established at new academic complex and research and development building that was recently inaugurated by Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi at IIT Guwahati campus.
- Objective: Through STC IIT Guwahati aspire to partner with ISRO so as to perform cutting edge research that not only caters to socio-economic needs of Northeast but also contribute towards basic research activities of various ISRO projects across India.
- Constitutes: faculty members from IITG, visiting scientists and experts from ISRO, technical staff and research students.
- STC is a major milestone for IITG as it gives opportunity to kick start collaborative research activities involving its faculty members and ISRO scientists for short term and long term solutions in areas of challenging space-research problems.
- It would serve as a platform for involving and motivating undergraduate, post graduate (PG) students and research scholars and orienting them towards field of space-research activities.
- The research and development activities always play an important role in shaping our nations progress mainly in realms of science and technology.
- To lead mankind to the path of wellbeing, IIT fraternity must use its wisdom and expertise for extensive application of research and technology such as nanotechnology.
- The realm of Nanotechnology is a domain of future that has opened vistas for newer medical avenues for welfare of mankind.
- To achieve this distinctive profile IITs plays a crucial role and their brilliant students should take proactive role in dedicating themselves for great vision of transforming nation with help of Nanotechnology.
- Role of IIT: IIT’s in India empowers students with quality technological knowledge, skill and ability and help them inculcate right attitude and holistic values. In addition to this the teaching methodology and imparting education, IITs should additionally highlight importance of entrepreneurship and must prepare students to use their creativity and freedom to set up business ventures and showcase ability to generate wealth and employment avenues.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2019
Category: Science & Technology Current Affairs
Topics: IIT Guwahati • IITG-ISRO Space Technology Cell (STC) • Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) • ISRO • MoU between IITG and ISRO • Nanotechnology • Science and Technology • STC
Current Affairs MCQs PDF - February, 2023
Current Affairs Articles Compilation [PDF] - February, 2023
Current Affairs [PDF] - February 16-28, 2023
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|