Ismail Sabri Yaakob: New Prime Minister of Malaysia
King of Malaysia has appointed Ismail Sabri Yaakob as the prime minister of the country on August 20, 2021.
- Ismail Sabri Yaakob replaced Muhyiddin Yassin as Prime Minister.
- Yassin stepped down as he lost the majority in parliament as he failed to effectively manage public health system.
- Ismail Sabri was earlier Muhyiddin’s deputy who has now taken over amid surge in covid-19 infections and economic slowdown.
- Ismail Sabri secured majority support of 114 out of 222 members in Parliament.
Who is Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob?
He is a Malaysian politician, who has been appointed as 9th Prime Minister of Malaysia since August 2021. From July 2021 to August 2021, he served as the 13th Deputy Prime Minister. He was also the Minister of Defence in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration and a Member of Parliament (MP) for Bera constituency since March 2004. He has become the shortest-serving Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia as he served only for 40 days. He is also a member and Vice-President of the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO).
Parliament of Malaysia
It is the national legislature of Malaysia, running on the basis of Westminster system of Parliament. It is a bicameral parliament comprising of three components:
- Dewan Rakyat (the House of Representatives)
- Dewan Negara (the Senate)
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong (King)- Head of State
Location of Parliament
The Parliament sits in Malaysian Houses of Parliament which is located in the national capital, Kuala Lumpur.
Category: International / World Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|