Internet in India report 2022- Highlights
The Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) recently released its report titled “Internet in India”. as per report, about 346 million Indians practices online transactions including digital payments and e-commerce. India has outnumbered United States, where population practicing digital transactions is at 331 million.
Key Findings of the report:
- As per report, global covid-19 pandemic has resulted an increase of 51% in digital transactions. In 2019, 230 million people were involved in digital transaction.
- Number of male internet user is greater than female users across rural as well as urban areas.
- Internet users are mostly engaged in activities like social media, entertainment and communications, across India.
- As a part of communications, text and email is are popularly used by the users.
- As per report, use of voice and Indic languages are going to become key drivers of growth in future.
Apart from that, the usage of OTT platforms is more in rural India. However, penetration of online gaming, digital payments, e-commerce, is angled towards urban areas of India. Currently, there are 692 million active internet users in country. Out of them, 351 million are from rural areas and 341 are from urban areas. As per IAMAI, the number of internet users in India is likely to reach 900 million by 2025.
Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI)
IAMAI is a not-for-profit industry body in India. It has been registered under “The Societies Registration Act of 1860”. It speaks about the interests of online and mobile value-added services industry.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|