India-US ‘Climate Action and Finance Mobilisation Dialogue’
Environment Minister of India, Bhupender Yadav and United States Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, John Kerry launched India-US Climate Action and Finance Mobilisation Dialogue on September 13, 2021.
- This dialogue was launched under India-US Climate and Clean Energy Agenda 2030 Partnership.
- This Partnership will provide both countries an opportunity to renew their collaborations on climate change and also address the financing aspects.
- It will also strengthen India-US bilateral cooperation on climate and environment and also demonstrate how the world can align swift climate action along with inclusive & resilient economic development.
India-US Climate Action and Finance Mobilisation Dialogue was launched in the backdrop of announcement made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Biden to enhance actions in order to meet the goals of Paris Agreement. This announcement was made at the launch of the Partnership at Leaders’ Summit on Climate in April 2021.
India-US Clean Energy Agenda 2030 Partnership
It is a joint climate and clean energy initiative by India with the US. This partnership will demonstrate how the world can align towards swift climate action with inclusive & resilient economic development by taking into account the national circumstances as well as sustainable development priorities. This initiative was started with the objective of:
- Mobilising investments
- Demonstrating clean technologies and
- Enabling green collaborations in India in order to create templates of sustainable development for other developing countries.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|