FSSAI 4th State Food Safety Index
On the occasion of World Food Safety Day, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare released the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) led 4th State Food Safety Index (SFSI).
- The 4th State Food Safety Index was released for measuring the performance of States on five parameters of food safety.
- In the index, Tamil Nadu secured first rank, in the category of large states.
- In the category of small states, Goa has been ranked first followed by Manipur and Sikkim.
- Among UTs, Jammu & Kashmir has been ranked first, followed by Delhi and Chandigarh.
When was State Food Safety Index initiated?
SFSI was initiated in 2018-19, in a bid to create a competitive and positive change in food safety ecosystem of India. The index has been developed by FSSAI, to measure the performance of states on multiple parameters of Food Safety. It is a dynamic quantitative and qualitative benchmarking model, providing objective framework to evaluate food safety across all States/UTs.
On what parameters these states are ranked?
In the SFSI, states are ranked on the basis of five parameters:
- Human Resources and Institutional Data
- Food Testing Facility
- Training and Capacity Building
- Consumer Empowerment
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). It is an autonomous body, working under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It was established in accordance with the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. It is headed by non-executive person, who is appointed by Central Government. It aims to promote and protect public health by means of various regulations and supervisions of food safety. Shri Rajesh Bhushan is the current Chairperson of FSSAI.
Initiatives led by FSSAI
In recent months, FSSAI has started following initiatives:
- EAT RIGHT INDIA MOVEMENT
- EAT RIGHT AWARD
- EAT RIGHT MELA
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2022
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|