Delhi to set up first Teachers University
On December 20, 2021, Delhi Cabinet approved to set up Delhi Teachers’ University.
- The university will offer a four-year integrated teacher education programme after Class 12.
- In the programme, BA & B.Ed, BSc & B.Ed, and BCom & B.Ed courses will be incorporated.
- While pursuing these courses, those enrolled in the university will also be linked to Delhi government schools for training purposes.
- Government will introduce “Delhi Teachers University Bill 2021” for the same in the next session of Delhi Assembly.
Delhi Teachers University
Delhi Teachers’ University will be a public university. It will be dedicated to prepare excellent quality teachers for Delhi across different school stages. Students from university will also be attached with Delhi government schools for entire duration of the course, to get hands-on experience. It will help students in receiving excellent practical knowledge in addition to theoretical knowledge.
Significance of the University
- The University will act as a centre for excellence in preparing teachers at pre-service as well as in-service in the areas of education studies, leadership and policy.
- University will work for bridging the gap between practice, research and policy in teacher preparation. It will also engage constantly with the dynamic concept and realities of quality education Delhi.
Admission to university
Admission to the new University will start for academic session 2022-23.
Where will university set up?
Delhi Teacher’s University will be set up at Bakkarwala in west Delhi.
Integrated Teacher education programme (ITEP)
The Integrated Teacher Education Programme (ITEP) was notified by Ministry of Education (MoE), in accordance with National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. This course will be available for all students who choose to become teacher after their 12th exam. Four-year ITEP will start from the academic session 2022-23. The course will be offered in pilot mode across 50 selected multidisciplinary institutions in India, initially. Admission for the courser will be carried out by National Testing Agency (NTA) through a National Common Entrance Test (NCET).
Category: States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|