Delhi: Online portal ‘My EV’
An online portal “My EV” was launched by the Delhi government for the purchase and registration of electric autos in Delhi.
About the ‘My EV Portal’
- The ‘My EV Portal’ is an online portal developed by the Delhi government in collaboration with Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL).
- The portal is accessible to all users on the website of the Delhi government’s transport department.
- The portal will enable holders of the Letter of Intent (LoI) to purchase electric autos and also claim the incentives provided by the Delhi government. Around 4,261 Letters of Intent (LoIs) for electric autos are being given by the Delhi government. Also, there is a 33% reservation provided for women.
- The online portal will ensure that the interest subvention on the loans is provided to beneficiaries via a smooth automated channel.
Financial institutions empanelled
Six Financial Institutions are empanelled by Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL) through a transparent process to provide attractive loans to e-vehicles. These financial institutions are Mahindra Finance, Akasa Finance, Mannapuram Finance, RevFin & Prest Loans.
Incentives to electric autos
- The Delhi government will provide a 5% interest subvention on loans on the purchase of electric autos under the Delhi Electric Vehicle Policy. Through this, an electric auto purchaser can avail a benefit of up to Rs 25,000
- This Rs 25,000 benefit in addition to the existing purchase incentive of Rs 30,000 and scrapping incentives of up to Rs 7,500 under the Delhi Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy.
Currently, the scheme is operational only for electric autos. The Delhi government stated that the scheme will soon be available to lithium-ion-based electric rickshaws, electric carts, and electric Light Goods Vehicles in Delhi.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|