The DefExpo 2022 is scheduled to be held from March 10 to March 13, 2022.
- DefExpo exhibition is India’s biennial marquee event for defence manufacturing industry.
- It has received confirmation from more than 900 exhibitors.
- Final number is expected to cross more than 1000.
- The event will be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, for the first time.
- During the event, drone show will be organised for the public, on the theme of Expo.
- Indian Navy will also showcase some of its assets and capabilities at Sabarmati riverfront for larger audience.
The DefExpo 2022 will be the largest since it started in 1996, with the participation of 900 exhibitors. Around 800 exhibitors are form India while other 100 are from 55 nations. It will be organised over an exhibition space of 1 lakh sqmts.
Which Pavilion booked largest space?
The US pavilion has booked the largest space. On the other hand, from India, Adani and Tata groups will have the largest stalls.
Theme of the DefExpo 2022
The presiding theme of the DefExpo 2022 is “Celebrating 75 years of India’s Independence”. On the other hand, main messaging for the expo is “path to pride”.
Aim of the DefExpo2022
The DefExpo 2022 will be held with the aim of showcasing the growth of India’s domestic defence industry. It will also showcase, how policy interventions by the government have encouraged participation of domestic players.
Invitation to venture capitalists
The government has also invited venture capitalists for the exhibition. This will provide an opportunity to defence industry start-ups, in making pitches for funding. It will provide impetus to young entrepreneurs and start-ups.
50 percent discount has been offered to encourage the participation of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises from defence sector.
Second India-Africa Defence Dialogue
Along with the DefExpo, the second India-Africa Defence Dialogue will also be held. This dialogue was initiated on the line of DefExpo 2020. For the dialogue this year, invites have been extended to 52 countries.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|