Conclave on India Africa Growth Partnership
On July 19, 2022, Union Commerce and Industry minister Piyush Goyal attended the “Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)-Exim Bank Conclave on India-Africa Growth Partnership”.
- During the conclave, he called to strengthen and expand India-Africa ties.
- According to him, India can present emerging technologies to expand commerce investment, trade, and opportunities for youth of Africa.
- He highlighted the immense possibilities between both the countries and asked the countries to expand the bilateral relation.
- The Conclave showcased how India can play a significant role in economic development of countries in Africa. India can help in skill development in industries, financial inclusion, employment, creation of infrastructure, providing connectivity by increasing penetration of telecom networks besides fulfilling the basic needs of people across the African continent.
India and Africa shared a strong partnership during COVID-19 pandemic. Both the countries extended support to several other countries through the vaccine Maitri program. After pandemic, India and Africa are showing signs of recovery, resilience and renewal. They can work in guiding cost-effective solutions in several areas including logistics, drinking water, education, healthcare, solar power and fintech.
Four Areas of Aspirations
During the conclave, Piyush Goyal highlighted four areas of cooperation, which can help in fulfilling the aspirations of both the countries:
- Solar power- to bring clean energy, Energy security and Jobs in Africa
- Defence trade
- Physical and digital infrastructure, and
- Co-creating a start-up ecosystem.
About CII-Exim Bank event
The CII-Exim Bank event was inaugurated in 2005 with the help of Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Commerce & Industry. Till date, 16 editions have been organised. Conclave has been playing a significant role in encouraging companies in India to establish and strengthen their footprints in Africa.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
It is a non-governmental trade association and advocacy group. Headquarter of CII is situated in New Delhi. It was established in 1895.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2022
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|