Community Innovator Fellowship Program
The Community Innovator Fellowship application was initiated on December 1, 2022.
What is Community Innovator Fellowship?
- Community Innovator Fellowship (CIF) is an initiative of the Atal Innovation Mission. It is being implemented in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India.
- Its aim is to facilitate knowledge building and provide infrastructure support to aspiring community innovators and help them in their entrepreneurial journey.
- This is a one-year-long fellowship program that will provide assistance for innovators involved in solving challenges faced by communities.
- Any community innovators between the age of 18 to 35 can apply for this program irrespective of their socio-economic background. The community innovator must have a bachelor’s, diploma, or degree in any field from a government-recognized institution.
- This initiative seeks to provide conducive environment that promotes knowledge, mentorship, community immersion and inclusion through infrastructure and funding support.
- Under this initiative, the fellows will work on their concept while staying at an Atal Community Innovation Center (ACIC) and learning about the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, developing their entrepreneurial abilities, and developing life skills.
- The community innovator fellows go through 5 phases under this initiative. The content and curriculum for the five phases are curated on the Digital Learning Platform – an online learning platform having an array of world-class courses focusing on different thematic areas.
- The fellows will receive support from ACIC team, mentors and Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) teams.
What is Atal Community Innovation Center (ACIC)?
The Atal Community Innovation Centers are established to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in unserved and underserved regions of India. They support innovators at the bottom of the pyramid to provide them equal opportunities, especially by reducing the lab lab-to-land distance and creating a supportive environment for pre-incubation of ideas or solutions. Each ACIC is provided a grant of up to Rs.2.5 crore for a period of 5 years.
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|