Commonwealth Games 2022: India wins 3 Gold Medals
So far, India has won 6 medals at the Commonwealth Games 2022, including 3 Golds, 2 Silvers and 1 Bronze. Weightlifter Mirabai Chanu won India’s first gold medal, while Jeremy Lalrinnunga won second gold. Achinta Sheuli won the third gold for India.
India made several records and won several medals at the event, including;
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga lifted a 300kg (140kg in Snatch + 160kg in C&J), making a record at the commonwealth games. He won the medal in 67 kg category of weightlifting.
- Mirabai Chanu had won the first gold medal for India. She lifted a total of 201 KG in women’s 49 KG weightlifting event.
- Achinta Sheuli won the gold, by lifting 313 kg in Men’s 73 kg Weightlifting event.
- In men’s 55 kg weightlifting event, Sanket Sargar won silver medal.
- In women’s 55 kg weightlifting event, Bindyarani Devi bagged a Silver Medal.
- India’s only bronze medal was bagged by Gururaja Poojary, in Men’s 61kg weightlifting category.
In the Cricket at commonwealth games 2022; Indian women’s T20 team won against Pakistan. In the match, Smriti Mandhana played an unbeaten half-century. In Boxing, Nikhat Zareen has qualified to the quarterfinals in Women’s Over 48kg-50kg (Light Fly) category. Indian men’s hockey team won against Ghana by 11-0 in their first match of Group B Pool match.
Category: Sports Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|