Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements 2021
On December 29, 2021, government released the “Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement (ARIIA) 2021” award list was released.
- Top position was achieved by IIT Madras. It topped the ranking as the most innovative educational institute in India in technical category.
- IIT Madras won this recognition for the third consecutive time.
- Institutes which are among top 10 institutions include- IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and IIT Hyderabad.
- Under the “University & Deemed to be University (Govt. & Govt. Aided) (Technical)” category, Punjab University and Delhi Technical University were at top position. Under this category, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Khordha achieved the first position while Chitkara University achieved the second position.
- Under ‘Colleges/Institutes (Govt. & Govt. Aided) (Technical)’ category, College of Engineering in Pune and PSG college of Technology won the awards.
- Under “non-technical institutions” category, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Delhi and Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kozhikode won the awards.
Who released the award list?
Minister of State for Education, Dr Subhas Sarkar, released the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement 2021 award list.
- ARIIA ranks are announced in 9 separate categories, including Centrally funded technical institutions such as IITs, NITs, State standalone technical colleges, State Universities, Private standalone technical colleges, Private universities and non-technical government colleges.
- It is a joint initiative of Ministry of Education and AICTE, that systematically rank higher educational institutions across India on indicators like start-up, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship Development amongst students and faculty.
- Under the initiative, institutions are evaluated on parameters such as number of registered students & faculty start-ups, patent filing & granted, fund generation by incubated start-ups, etc.
- Its first edition was launched in 2018.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|